By Janelle Cox, About.com Guide
Becoming a Teacher
Are you thinking about becoming an elementary school teacher? The following resources will help you understand the qualifications you will need, as well as how to land that first teaching job.
- Role of a Teacher
- Elementary Teacher Qualifications
- FAQ About Student Teaching
- Learn the Basics of a Student Teacher Resume
- How to Thrive as a Student Teacher
- Developing a Portfolio
- Landing Your First Teaching Job
- Finding a Teaching Job
- Leading You to the Perfect Job
- Student Expectations for Beginning Teachers
- Top 7 Reasons to Become a Teacher
Focus on Fundamentals
Teaching is not a profession that can ever be mastered. However, there are some basic skills that every teacher must bring to the job, forming the foundation for teaching success.
- Top 5 Ice Breakers for Getting to Know Your Students
- Clarify Your Educational Philosophy
- 6 Traits of Successful Teachers
- Deal With A Problem Principal
- Dress Professionally
Organizing Your Space
As a teacher, your classroom is your kingdom. With a little foresight and organization, your classroom can support all of your teaching goals in style, making the most of limited resources.
- Create an Organized Classroom
- Bulletin Board Ideas
- Door Decoration Displays
- Classroom Desk Arrangements
- Setting Up Learning Centers
- Clear Out the Clutter
- Strategies for Messy Desks
- 5 Tips to Help a Disorganized Student
Dealing With the Unexpected
There are going to be times when you will be absent from school due to unforeseen circumstances. To ensure your classroom continues to run smoothly, you should plan ahead. Here are some resources that can help you deal with these problems.