These Thanksgiving writing topics will inspire your students to write about the festive and seasonal ideas that are on our minds every November.
Thanksgiving Journal Writing Topics
- What does it mean to be thankful?
- Why do you think brown and orange are the Thanksgiving colors?
- What are you and your family most grateful? Write about three or more things.
- Describe what you know about the first Thanksgiving dinner.
- Take five minutes to draw a feast on the Thanksgiving table. Then write in detail about what's to eat. Use your five senses to describe the meal's tastes, looks, smells, and textures.
- Tell about your family's Thanksgiving traditions. How does each person contribute?
- If Thanksgiving is one of your favorite holidays, describe why you enjoy it so much. Are there any parts of the holiday that you don't like?
- What is your favorite Thanksgiving book? Describe the plot and your reactions to it.
- Would a turkey make a good pet? Back up your opinion with facts and detail.