How to Make a Professional Portfolio
From your Elementary Educators Guide
What better way to introduce your skills and achievements to prospective employers than with a perfectly designed professional portfolio?
1 2 hours
- Create a file folder in which to file and save all professional documentation (flyers from conferences, test scores, photos, anything!)
- Visit your nearest office supply store and buy the nicest faux leather three ring binder they offer.
- Also, buy some plastic non-glare page protectors.
- Sort through the papers and documents you've been saving.
- Begin placing the items into your page protectors in a logical order, starting with your resume first.
- Continue by adding test scores, training documentation, evaluations, and lesson plans in the front of your portfolio.
- Include photos of you with students where appropriate.
- Add samples of student work as possible.
- Complete the portfolio with copies all available letters of recommendation.
- This is the time to strut your stuff, so include anything that demonstrates your skills and experience.
- You might also like to add a brief, typed explanation of your educational philosophy.
- Carry this portfolio with you to all interviews, job fairs, etc.
More How To's from your Guide to Elementary Educators