Find and Write Lesson Plans
By Janelle Cox
Write Lesson Plans Clearly
Whether you are working on your teaching credential or providing specific documentation to your administrator, it's important to write clear and effective lesson plans.
- Planning a Lesson
- Writing A Strong Lesson Plan in 8-Parts
- Blank Lesson Plan Template
- Blank Reading Lesson Plan Template
- Top 10 Components of a Language Arts Lesson Plan
- Creating a Thematic Unit
- What Does a Great Lesson Look Like to Your Students?
- Mini Lesson Plan Template
Incorporate learning strategies into your lessons. These strategies represent the most fundamental skills that effective teachers use on a daily basis to be successful.
- Coopertative Learning Tips
- Reading Strategies
- Six Traits of Writing
- Word Walls
- Guide to Word Families
- Repeated Reading Strategy
- Graphic Organizers
- Scaffolding Instruction Strategies
- Bloom's Taxonomy
- Analytic Method of Teaching Phonics
- Multisensory Teaching
- Reluctant Readers
- Multiple Intelligence Theory
- Instructional Strategies for K-3
- Instructional Strategies for 2-5
You can't teach your students unless you first assess exactly where they are and what they're developmentally ready to learn. These resources will help make your assessment tasks easier and more effective.
- How to Grade Students
- Top 50 Report Card Comments
- Measuring Student Achievement
- Designing a Student Portfolio
- Assessment Apps
- Independent Reading Conference Checklist
Teach With Technology
Help Integrate technology across the curriculum, by using the following resources to encourage the use of technology in the classroom. Here you will find resourceful apps, internet tips, computer skills, Smart-board information and news about the newest technology in education.
- Technology Teachers Can't Live Without
- Must-Have iPad Apps
- How Classroom Apps Can Be Effective
- Back-to-School Apps
Quick Multi-Purpose Lessons
Sometimes you need quick, simple lessons that can be implemented in a pinch with zero fuss. Keep these easily adaptable lessons handy at all times.
- 5 Minute Teacher Time Savers
- Quick Seasonal Activities
- Impromptu Speech Topics
- Impromptu Speech Topic Activities
- Describing a Picture Lesson
Lesson Plans by Grade
Quickly find lesson plans for the grade level you teach. But keep in mind that almost any lesson can be adapted to suit younger or older students with a bit of ingenuity.
Lesson Plans by Subject
A collection of K-6 lesson plans organized by subject. For maximum efficiency, try to make your lessons interdisciplinary. For example, incorporate Language Art standards into the writing projects for History.
Lesson Plans by Month
A collection of K-6 lesson plans organized by month/season. Find holiday-related lesson plans, activities, ideas and more for elementary school teachers.